Wednesday, July 27, 2011
I sorta borrowed this from the blog, The Happiest Mom, she inspires me some days.
5 (I mean 3) Things I Don’t Do and Don’t Care To Do
1. Crochet/Needlepoint – I love arts and crafts don’t get me wrong I love scrapbooking, making my girls Halloween costumes and just being creative but honestly I barely have the patience to sew on a button so crocheting and needlepoint are defiantly not up there on my list of things to do. This doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate and admire the work of others because I do in fact when people post things they have sewed, crocheting or otherwise I not only admire the work but also the person because they have more patience than I.
2. Ice Climbing – I hate being cold I mean really HATE, this isn’t a dislike it is hate. So when my husband goes ice climbing and people say don’t you want to join him the answer is a permanent NO. I love Shane I pray he is safe while climbing but ice climbing is not in my blood, veins, head or anything else. This is one activity his buddies can guarantee I will not be tagging along to partake in.
3. Swim with Sharks – nope not I, I have no desire, need, want or any other feeling that might be positive about this. Cage or no cage I can honestly say I have not even once thought this would be cool. I have heard it is a great experience, one that is awe inspiring. However my getting in the water and thoroughly enjoying it stops at the pool where I can see the bottom, and yes I can swim really well in fact. I am not sure if I had some terrifying experience when I was younger or what but the thought that there might be something swimming near, around, or under me terrifies me to the point I have a panic attack and am completely unreasonable. I like to see the bottom of wherever I am swimming so there will be no going into deep water in a cage and hanging out with something that has more teeth than me where the bottom is nowhere in sight. YIKES
Wow I really can’t name 5 things I know there are more things but I am having a mental block which is funny because when I started this blog I was sure I was going to have to pick a top 5.
5 (I mean 6) Things I Don’t Do/Haven’t Done and Would Love To (Maybe these should go on my Bucket List, Maybe Not)
1. Zumba – Ok so originally I didn’t get into this because I thought it was all a fade, now I am learning a little bit more about it and it looks like so much fun. I love dancing not that I am any good at it in fact on a regular basis dancing around the living room my husband will roll his eyes and I am sure Thank God that no one can see me. That is ok I don’t mind embarrassing myself every once in a while as long as nobody is taking pictures I am up for trying this hopefully sooner rather than later. I also love that they have Zumba-tomic that is for kids, I think any recreation that teaches kids about fitness or is helping them get fit while being fun is always noteworthy.
2. Jumping out of a plane – Skydiving, parachuting whatever you call it I want to do it at least once just to say I did. I am pretty sure I will scream, maybe even cry from sheer terror but it is on my bucket list and I hope to try it at least once before the man upstairs decides it is my time to go. I know I can take hubby along on this adventure with me and have been thinking about making it an anniversary gift. Don’t share with him this idea I don’t want him stealing my ideas. J
3. Drive a stick shift – it is true this ranch girl doesn’t know how to drive a stick shift. I did have a friend in high school try to teach me and I think honestly it was as painful for her as it was for me or maybe it was more humorous for her than it was for me. Any way I haven’t tried it since, and I want to learn, not that I need to most times now if you want a manual transmission you have to special order a vehicle with it. But they do still make them and I don’t know how so learn I will. I promise when I fulfill this one I will post not only pictures but a narrative because I am sure this will be something I should sell tickets to.
4. Learn another language – So I have been thinking about this as there are so many languages. I did fail French my sophomore year of high school and by fail I mean I quit it was by far one of the worse classes I had ever taken and maybe I wasn’t up for the challenge or maybe it was the instructor telling me to think outside of the box but I dreaded that class and quit. There done gone, unfortunately still remembered it was that bad. So to this other language thought, the girls and I have been watching a show called Switched at Birth, in it two girls were accidentally switched at birth and one of them is deaf. The language I would like to learn is sign language the art of speaking without your lips. This language requires true listening as you have to be actually paying attention to the other person to communicate. I will learn this language and it will be fun plus useful unlike French.
5. Riding a Dirt Bike - ok I will confess I have tried this once it wasn’t a terrible experience but I didn’t love it so much I went out and bought a new bike either. I want to tell the world that the reason I don’t ride is plain good old fashioned fear. I am terrified of getting injured, I am not a big baby by any means but I will admit I am definitely a better caretaker than I am a patient. Maybe one day I will overcome this fear that my life is going to end if I get hurt on a dirt bike but if I don’t I don’t feel as if I will regret it. Until then I will encourage my girls to ride and maybe have the slightest tinge of jealousy at all my girlfriends who ride. However my 4 wheeler will do just fine for this momma until I decide this fear is worth conquering.
6. Tattoo Time – oh how I want a tattoo, and yes I already have an idea of what I want I have been planning this for almost 9 years now. I want the girls feet from when they were born , 6 weeks premature cute little feet. I just can’t decide where I want them as I am realistic about the fact that I am not getting younger but older and this body won’t always look this way I don’t want saggy baggy feet on me later in life J But I also want their date of birth on there and their names I have it all planned out in my head but even though their feet are little where in the world to put them is a whole other question, my back, nope I can’t see them very well there, the tops of my feet (I think this would look so cute and remind me of all the times we walked around the house with them standing on my feet) but oh the pain, and on my arms is well not me I work in an office setting and do where sleeveless shirts to work and think this would be very unprofessional. I just can’t decide anyone have any ideas?
Funny how some of these things are really on here because I am afraid. I am not sure what there is to be afraid of because really I haven’t tried them so I don’t know what may or may not happen if I do.
Monday, July 25, 2011
If you know my family well you know the girls have many Aunts and Uncles, well last week I wished their direct Aunt and Uncle a Happy Birthday meaning my sister and Shane’s brother. But many of you may not know that Shane also has a step sister (and that will be the last time I say step because it makes me think of the movie Cinderella with the evil step sisters and this one is nothing like that). Dawn is sweet caring and takes her Aunt duty very seriously. J We love her to death, she has watched the girls while we are out of town overnight, taken them sledding, and is always asking if she can take them here or there it is wonderful. So here is a big Happy Birthday Wish to one Auntie who although she could easily not claim the girls as her nieces she does all the time and they love her tons for it, heck she even has a picture of them on her desk at work.
Happy Birthday Auntie Dawn from two little girls who think the world of you!!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
A blog entry to the crazy relatives my girls got J Love you both!!
My sister just celebrated her birthday and although I wasn’t here we celebrated early so I got to say Happy Birthday early not that she needs me around to wish her a Happy Birthday her own little family I am sure did a fantastic job. In fact I got to help a little on the secret with her birthday present this year. I got a text message the weekend before her birthday from my brother-in-law (BIL) asking if I would help him find her the sunglasses she wanted. Well a couple of phone calls around town proved what I already knew they were going to have to be an online purchase, oh boy the joy. I will admit I am a girl who likes a bargain so bring the challenge on. I found them but I couldn’t get them here any earlier than well about 10 days after her birthday. BUMMER I was really hoping to get them sooner but even though they still haven’t arrived I saved almost $40 bucks on them which I am sure made my BIL very happy. When they do actually arrive I will make sure to have my little sister model them for a picture so you guys all get the joy of seeing the very special secret purchase yourselves. J
6 days after my sisters’ birthday it is time for Shane’s little brother’s birthday. Oh yes, he is normally very easy to shop for you ask what he wants he can usually give me a couple of ideas and I run with them of course. Well this year for his birthday I have no great/grand ideas for him but I do happen to know two little girls who have the best fashion sense ever when buying for their Uncle Wes. Why you may ask, well because he is the only guy in their lives that wears ties, scarves and dress clothes. They usually go hog wild in that section because you can buy like a dozen ties with their shopping budget they have no concept of quality it is all about quantity!! So I will make sure to take a picture of the gift box we send to Uncle Wes, even though at the rate I am going I know it will be late it will be a great and grand surprise for him as I still don’t know what will end up in it.
I share these two stories with you because I admit my family and Shane’s family are crazy but my girls got blessed with the best Aunt and Uncle two little girls could ever ask for.
My sister has loved her nieces since they day they were born she always seems to be thinking of them even now when she has two kiddos of her own. It is amazing because honestly I know for sure they drive her nuts occasionally but she takes it all in stride and it brings a smile to my face. That smile is partly due to the fact that they drive her crazy of course. She loves them even with their quirks and sassy attitudes and when they are acting all wild and crazy I know especially in Kaleigh she has to see a little of herself because that girl can drive me crazy just like Heather used to when we were little. But that is ok because if the girls take anything from my little sister I want it to be her carefree attitude. I remember growing up wishing I was a little more like my little sister. She doesn’t care so much what people think of her, she speaks her mind and has always followed her dreams. If any of that wears off on my kids they will be just fine in this world.
My brother-in-law is that way also. He does not have any kids of his own and doesn’t even live here but the girls have always known that Uncle Wes loves them. He was the first person to hold them after they were delivered, yes it is true! And he goes out of his way to make sure that he spends time with them when he is in town, he has Uncle/Niece date night of sorts because every time he is in town he takes them to a movie of their choice and they have a blast. When he isn’t in town he sends them postcards from all the places he visits and it has become their thing to do with Uncle Wes, in fact when they get a postcard from the dentist or eye doctor reminding them of an appt they always want to know if there is another postcard in there from Uncle Wes, they love seeing the places he has been and reading the special notes he writes on the back of each of their postcards. It is so cute.
So my blog entry this time around is a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY and THANK YOU to two very special people, because without the both of you my girls, your nieces wouldn’t be who they are today. You both shape and mold them with every encounter and I love and appreciate you both for everything you do for them!!
Many wishes for many more birthdays’ and many more years of terrific memories!! Love you!!
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
So to keep you in suspense a little while longer I will start with the Crazy Week/Weekend, it started Thursday I drove the girls and I to Bozeman to attend a Bridal Shower/Bachelorette party, it was great fun and I got to see some friends that we never get to see. We stayed the night and the next day Shane had to head back to get bikes ready for the weekend and do a couple of jobs. I stayed and took care of a couple of other things I got home around 4pm and we were supposed to head to Conrad for the races but decided to leave early Saturday morning. A Big Congrats to Sara and Joey, we are sorry we missed the wedding but I am sure it was BEAUTIFUL, and we wish you two all the happiness the world has to offer.
On to racing: Saturday morning 5am, up and getting ready, we left our house at 5:45 and didn’t make it very far when Lauryn decided to prove Mommy right and get car sick. See I had this theory that she only gets car sick when we travel early in the morning, wake her up and put her in the car early in the morning and yes she proved me right thankfully she made it out of the truck to do that but we had to pull over three times and finally after the 3rd time she exhausted herself and fell asleep, I felt so bad for her. Her sleeping was good though because we got to Conrad with two sleeping kids and stopped at the Subway and grabbed some breakfast then it was off to the track. Talk about CRAZY, we get there and I run over to get the girls number cards, while Shane unloads bikes, and the girls are dressing in the camper that is not unpacked. OH HOLY MESS!! But then there was a problem with Lauryn’s bike the throttle would start revving when you weren’t touching it just turn the bars and it would go so it took a little for Shane to fix that we missed the riders meeting and then it was a little jog down the hill to the track. Can I say my girls kick butt, because oh they do! The race lasted 35 minutes and for all but maybe a couple of seconds of that Kaleigh lead the whole race, she got her very first 1st place and not far behind her Lauryn got her very first 3rd place. I was definitely one very proud momma but the look on my husband’s face reminded me why he is an amazing father he was so happy for his girls he was glowing with pride.
|The girls ready to rock on the line|
|The first lap they were 1st and 2nd!!|
|Proof for the scrapbooks!!|
|Kaleigh doesn't look it but trust me she was one happy little girl.|
Kaleigh beat all the boys and Lauryn only lost to one oh yeah those
Feist Twins Rock!!
That lead to Shane doing the relay race with a buddy he used to Motocross with and they took 2nd so all my family got trophies, I am so proud of them. On a side note I will post a picture of Shane's relay partner but they relay was they had to change panties, oh yes huge panties had to be put on over their boots and riding pants and when they came in instead of transferring a baton they had to switch the panties it was hilarious I would have had a picture of Shane except I was helping to hold bikes while they switched so pictures were taken besides one at the beginning of Brett. Thanks Brett for being such a good sport.
|Brett sporting the bright pink panties and if you|
notice to the right my husband thinks he is out of this picture, Ha Ha
The girls had their first camping sleepover Saturday night and stayed with Flynn and her family. They had so much fun and it makes me happy to see them making friends at the races.
On to Sunday, Shane didn’t race until noon so we had slow time in the morning which is always a good thing but then the races came, it was 2 ½ hours of heat and dust, but it was worth it Shane took 5th which was great and got some goodies, also great. We got on the road a little later and took a little detour through Great Falls to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, YUMMY!! Thank you Hubby!!
|Shane getting ready to go sitting on the line I love this picture!|
Birthay Present Update: Monday, last night, was the big night the birthday party. If you have read my previous posts you know I had a hard time finding my husband the perfect gift this year. Well he got an iPod! Ok maybe not what you were thinking that I would get him considering I wanted it to show him how much I love him but really there was more too it. I charged it and loaded it with his favorite songs and pictures of him and the girls, and some pictures from our wedding. He LOVED it, he was so excited and was still playing with it last night I am sure it will take a little while for him to get used to it as he has an MP3 player but it is not nearly as cool as the iPod I got him of course! Plus now he has pictures of us with him all the time. Yes I am cheesy and I like it that way.
Well there you have it one crazy week/weekend and one very happy and now not nearly as feisty Feist Family!!
I used to love this term and maybe even if I am being honest with myself wanted to live up to that dream. The dream that you can do it a...
Oh my gosh I did it I took my readiness assessment and I am not sure if I passed, but I am feeling really good about it. Below is the essay ...
Oh my you can say slacking? Well I can say it, and see it my last post was in December YIKES!! Well there is a very special reason I am...
When Larry and Julie come to town I enjoy nothing more than the phone call from Earle, telling me we are having dinner at his house. A secre...