Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Breast Cancer is Not a Pink Ribbon

I came across this website today it is a subject that hits close to home. If you know me you know my cousin is a breast cancer survivor.


The Scar Project


In their own words their mission: "Primarily an awareness raising campaign, The SCAR Project puts a raw, unflinching face on early onset breast cancer while paying tribute to the courage and spirit of so many brave young women."


If you visit this site please be prepared as it brought tears to my eyes. All Cancer Survivors are brave and strong and they and their families are changed forever.

(Please note that I am not bashing the Susan G. Komen Foundation just sharing a website that makes breast cancer very real, without any frills.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...