Tuesday, June 24, 2014

State Fair Subs

This is not an original recipe I actually got it from a book called 40 meals for under $10, it was a go to book when the girls were babies, buying lots of diapers, formula and well, baby stuff. Now my family just loves this recipe.

Ingredients
1 loaf French bread
2 eggs
¼ cup milk
1 tsp pepper
1 lb ground sausage (I use Italian elk sausage)
1 cup shredded cheese

Directions
1. Cut French bread in half-length wise and gently pull out the inside leaving just the shell. Tear up the guts into small pieces about an inch and put them in a bowl.
2. Mix in a separate bowl the eggs, milk and pepper and pour over the bread pieces mixing thoroughly.
3. Brown sausage, drain fat, and add to bread mixture.
4. Spoon the sausage mixture into the shells and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Then wrap each half in tin foil and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes
6. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...