Friday, March 22, 2024

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes nothing...

Five minutes to write and one word prompt

Blame, it has been a hard, rough, stressful two weeks. I won't go into details, but suffice to say that I have a lot to learn about management. I could sit here and blame everyone else, but that isn't how the moving forward process works. I instead am here to own my part, I don't believe I am to blame for everything, but what I did was not acceptable, it was a rookie mistake and was more hurtful than helpful. I am moving forward from this and learning. I have actually spent the last two weeks feeling sorry for myself, having a pity party my husband has said, and then picking myself up and moving forward. I have been doing some therapy, some talking to friends, some self-care, some helping others, reaching out and reminding myself that one bump in the road is not my forever it is part of my story but not something to dwell on. I used to say at the office all the time when someone made a mistake, we don't do brain surgery we didn't kill anyone so move on. And I am standing by that, I didn't kill anyone, but I do want to apologize for hurting feelings, because that is hard for me to process. I am a people pleaser much to my detriment usually, but being mean is not something I like I have worked hard in life to not be a mean person. 

Lesson Learned: Don't blame yourself or others, own your part in the story and move forward. Be Better!


7 comments:

  1. Oh, I hear you. We are imperfect. I can look back on my mistakes--my sins. But with confession and forgiveness we can move forward. Have a blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good message.
    Loved "one bump in the road is not my forever."
    Hope you plan to keep joining us now that you're back.
    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I get that, that need to own your part and then brush yourself off with a needed lesson and make it better moving forward. and there we go... a bit of conviction for my own heart.... FMF14

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the healthy way to process it - own your part and make it right as best you can, then move on - but it doesn't come easy to us, it seems. Hope that this experience is helping you be better! Visiting from FMF#16

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was long ago a time
    when 'twas thought that I showed leadership,
    and by the ending of that time
    we'd all gone on quite a trip
    to the dark side of the moon
    where psyches and egos play
    and where I so very soon
    screwed things up in every way
    by throwing 'bout my new-found weight
    to make waves on every shore,
    and thus my guys decreed my fate
    when they could simply take no more
    was to be tied me to a chair
    with Tabasco in my underwear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your insights and encouragement within.
    FMF#15

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful conclusion that you have come to. I hear the angels rejoicing with you. It is so painful to be wrong and to have offended others. But you are right, we are forgiven and it is not a hill to die on! May the risen Christ bless you with his abundant life over this Easter weekend especially.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...