Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lesson Learned

Lesson learned, Monday this week I made enchiladas they were just about done in the oven when I remembered we needed milk. I asked L to take them out when the timer went off. Less than 10 minutes later I pull into the driveway and K comes running out saying the pan blew up. Confused and worried I go into the house to find what looks like the remnants of dinner all over the stove top and glass shrapnel all over the kitchen. The worst part was finding L in hysterics crying thinking she was going to get in trouble because she was supposed to be watching dinner. After I calm her down and check to make sure she truly is ok. We did a cleanup and had tortellini and French bread instead.  Lesson learned even though my daughter's both know the basics of kitchen safety we are all l more aware of putting things that come out of the oven on a hot pad on the counter and not on the stove top.  This could have been much worse as L was sitting with her back to the stove when the glass casserole dish literally blew up. What happened was I had browned burger on the stove top for enchiladas I was so busy trying to get dinner ready I failed to turn off the burner. L pulled the enchiladas out of the oven and placed them directly on the burner. The glass heated and blew. I cried that night thinking about the injuries that could have happened. I am always so careful in the kitchen but my lack to detail could have seriously injured my kids. 
Thank God we are all ok. 

Sent from my HTC One

Monday Monday Monday

Ugh, what a day I am going to lay it all out and leave it for the man upstairs to help me sort out. So it wasn't terrible none of it is ...