Monday, February 23, 2015

Open

Five Minute Friday, where we write for 5 minutes, no correcting, changing, just writing

Word Prompt: OPEN

Ready, Steady, Type

I am not sure where this is going to lead, the word open can mean so many things, but it keeps pulling towards being more open. Open about how I feel, what I want in life, stress, love, friendships, family.  Being more open about me and what I stand for and what I believe in.  I hope that I am raising daughters that are open, open to talking to me and their dad about what they want out of life, and how they feel about anything and everything.  We don't hide much from them you know besides what they are getting for their birthday, who is Santa Claus (although they are pretty much on to this one), and we try to not show them all of our stress (they are 12 they don't need that they are supposed to be kids).  But they know that I believe everyone makes mistakes and you don't have to let those mistakes define you, yes even the worst of the worst people can come back and may not be able to undo the harm or bad things they have done but they can strive to do better. My girls are open with me sometimes quietly sharing it with me through our journaling, or sometimes loudly telling me they are mad at the other one and screaming and throwing a fit, but they are open. I wish everyone was that way. Whether you like something or don't like it, your opinion matters and everyone should feel safe being open and sharing.

Done!

1eb34078e0b06cffef49120ba21ccca62ea4e0c9fa1b87e0f7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...