Thursday, November 3, 2011

You Know What I Love About Right Now?

So yesterday I was reading the post by Kelle over at Enjoying the Small Things and it just made me happy.  I have been really busy lately with the girls and their multiple extras (homework, soccer, Halloween, birthdays) busy with life in general being a full time worker and wife can sometimes drown a person.  So this post as I was reading it made me smile and still does.  I am always reminding my kids to say thank you and appreciate what they have because there are tons of people out there that aren’t as fortunate might be the right word but the word that comes to mind is spoiled. I mean really when their birthday party looks like Christmas to others it is a sign for sure.  Plus I want them to be thankful for all things, having a roof over our heads, winter coats to keep them warm, getting new sneakers for school, getting to go to my mom’s house after school instead of a daycare, having cable, living with both of their parents, having extended family close and friends that are like family.  There are just so many things to be thankful for.  But I am with Kelle how do you explain to kids what being thankful is besides saying Thank You all the time?  Well her post gave me the great idea I love it so much I am vowing to ask my children every day “What did you love about today, what was your favorite thing today”.  I will be keeping you updated on their answers so stay tuned for those.
Today though right now I am thankful for Fall, because it means Family Time and Together Time because by this time of the year I am usually feeling a little disconnected on the family and couple front and I need reconnection, this year is no exception.  I am longing for the reconnection that takes place.  Date nights, family game nights, family movie nights and more date nights.  It has been what seems like forever since we had a date night and I am especially excited because tomorrow we get a date night nothing over the top just going to a local spot to listen to one of our friends play, but it is time we get to spend together and I can’t wait.  This time of year also means, weekends as a family, trips to the ski hill, sledding with friends, hunting, and making a big breakfast Sunday morning to sit down at the table and enjoy. Sigh it makes me so happy to just think about all the adventures and family and couple time we will get to enjoy over the next months. Right now I love FALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...