Sunday, December 29, 2013

2014 Here We Come!!

As the start of a new year looms within reach of our outstretched hands, I can't believe the last year we have experienced.  Starting another business, breaking a leg (literally), our girls turning another year older, starting a new job, making new friends and leaving some friends behind, and all the ups and downs, bumps and slides of living life.  I have been thinking about getting back to my blog for a couple of weeks now, experiencing a little of a low I think you could say.  Not really sure where life is going or what my goals are makes writing hard.  My Five Minute Fridays are on hiatus for the month as it is a busy month and every writer needs a break a breather a chance to collect their thoughts and gain new perspective. 

Well that is what 2014 is going to be for me, for our family.  We had a rough 2013, but even though everything didn't happen the way we may have hoped it all happened for a reason and the bigger picture is on a clipboard in the sky somewhere.  This coming year is going to see more changes, challenges, highs and lows I am sure because that is all part of the journey but we can choose how to experience those.  We are taking on a couple of new challenges.  There were a couple of posts on Facebook that caught my attention one is the 52 Week Money Challenge, this sounds interesting although I have seen many say that it might be wise to start this challenge going backwards so you are not trying to put $52 dollars in there in December. I am very into this idea and am hoping to start it this year very exciting. The other idea is the Memory Jar for the New Year, this is my favorite.  We always come to the end of the year and remember the hard times or the struggles but we forget all the good times and the great memories we have made.  I am going to stop by the thrift store tomorrow for a jar for our family and the dollar store for a small pad of paper I can't wait to start filling a jar with all the great memories and events in the coming year.

With the coming new year and the things we are doing as a family, I will be starting back to school online strictly this time as driving back and forth is hard on my family and I know they will support me either way so I would rather do it online.  I will be an Elementary Teacher before I know it.  I am also hoping to get some of my workout drive back.  I have definitely struggled with depression a little since I had kids, I think that is because you lose a part of you when you have kids and I have just had ups and downs and it wears on a mama.  However working out is like a drug to me so back to it I go, I decided to not wait for the 1st and I ran today for 30 minutes according to my ipod I did 2.3 miles I am not sure how accurate that thing is but I will take it.  It felt great and exhausting and I needed it. Now to see if I get my butt out of bed tomorrow morning so I can do it again before I go to work, I like that quiet time in the morning it renews my sense of self.  I am also working on letting go of control, I freak out when we are stressed for money, or whenever I don't have control over something and I need to stop that and just take things in small baby steps and we will get through it if we can get through all the challenges of the last year we can get through so much more than I give us credit for.

So here is to a fabulous, adventurous and exciting 2014. Farewell to 2013, you weren't great but you taught us a lot and I definitely wouldn't trade the adventure for anything.

Please comment and tell me what your goals, hopes and drivers are for 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...