Friday, February 19, 2021

Observant

 How observant are you with those around you? I would say I am sometimes too observant, I take little changes in mood, body language to heart. I am always feeling like I am not enough, maybe this is a mom thing, a wife thing, a friend thing, but it always feels like I could be better so I am overly observant. 

When did I lose being me, knowing that I am trying my hardest and that sometimes my hardest isn't going to be good enough, but that is OK. When did I become so wrapped up in everyone else and the world around me, waiting watching hoping praying, but never do that for me but for others. Being observant is so many things, but sometimes we need to be more observant of ourselves, taking care of ourselves, listening and watching our bodies and minds. Because we are so important to so many people around us, that if we aren't observant of ourselves sometimes we fail more. 

I am challenging all of you to observe yourselves, not your friends, kids, husbands, families, but just you. For a day pay attention to you I think it will help reduce your stress, remind you that you are an amazing human being.

You can read other blogs that wrote about this adventure of Five Minute Friday here

1 comment:

  1. I often find myself doing the same thing, overthinking things and being hard on myself. Focusing my attention more on what I am not doing or doing wrong and neglecting my own needs. Thank you for the reminder to pay attention to my own needs rather than always being focused solely on the needs of those around me.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...