Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Whirlwind

Wow a lot has happened since I last blogged, no worries nothing bad just busy; Shane’s birthday, a fishing clinic, Father’s Day, me being gone for a week for work, and then a race in Belfry. I am exhausted just typing it.
Fishing Clinic/Father’s Day

This seems like the logical place to start my typing journey. Months ago I got a flyer from school that was for a fishing clinic held at the Silos put on by the local Walleye Unlimited group.  Well it was free and the girls love fishing plus they got free fishing poles, tackle boxes with tackle, t-shirts and lunch so I figured why not.  Well it so happened that I thought Shane would be with us on this adventure because I really don’t fish, yeah I have a pretty pink fishing pole but it has only actually been cast a couple of times, unfortunately he had to go branding with his dad this particular day (I wasn’t mad he felt bad, I was disappointed for sure).  But there are way worse things to dwell on in this life so off fishing we went, I invited my parents to come out and hang with us and thankfully they did because it was well worth the amusement watching my dad show the girls how to cast correctly and them do the exact opposite and drive him crazy I thought only I had that capability, darn it!  But they had a great time and my parents hung out most of the day we had lunch and enjoyed the gorgeous weather.  The girls were already asking if we could do it again next year and if they will let us I would gladly sign them it was such a great event.


1st Annual Fathers Day Ride for the Girls

This Father’s day was a first for my girls. Yes it is true they have celebrated Fathers Day with their daddy for the last 8 years but this year was different.  The girls got invited on Shane’s annual Fathers Day ride, you see Shane and his dad go dirt bike riding every Fathers Day and they have done this for years and years.  Well this year there was two little girls to join them and they couldn’t have been any more excited.  I made sure they have their gear and gave Shane my camera so he could take some pictures because of course I wanted pictures of their first Daddy Daughter Ride.  True to his word he took pictures and although I am sure it was a much slower pace than they usually go the girls came back so happy and full of stories it was so cute.  I don’t ever wish to be invited on this day first because it is Daddy Daughter Ride and also I won’t lie about the fact that being home all by myself was very productive, the lawn got mowed, dinner was made on time, laundry was done and the house was clean. And to top it all off I got to catch up on my all DVR’d shows!

Being Gone for Work/Race in Belfry
I do work for the School districts in the State of Montana and I love my job, the only down side is I hardly ever get out of the office and get to meet the people that work at the schools.  So Tuesday morning I left for Billings to go to the MASBO conference and meet some of the Business Managers and Clerks.  It was great getting to meet all the people I talk to, email and write, but it was also hard leaving my family.  To complicate leaving we had a trail race in Belfry last weekend and so we were planning on leaving Friday with the camper.  Well if you have ever driven to Belfry you get very close to Billings so we had decided that Shane would just pick me up in Billings on Friday and we would head that direction.  So to complicate the fact that my husband has never single parented for 4 days/3 nights before as I have never been away from my kiddos that long, he got the privilege of packing part of the camper, taking two little girls to softball practice and games, preparing dirt bikes and of course it is summer so he is swamped with work.  Oh the fun (I say this while smiling kind of evil like and keeping my fingers crossed it all goes somewhat smoothly).  So, I had Monday off work and I packed all the things I could in the camper, made up a list of stuff he would have to throw in there Thursday night or Friday morning, got the girls bags packed for the camping weekend and in the camper,  got the house straightened up all while packing two bags for me one to go in the camper and the other to go to Billings with me.  YIKES is all I have to say Monday night I was exhausted!!  I am sure from some of the phone conversations everyone was a little more stressed out than usual but they survived with few scars.  I was picked up in Laurel instead of Billings and when they picked me up I was at Walmart and had all our groceries purchased.  The weekend in Belfry was fun, not that I am saying I want to go back there sagebrush, cactus and rattlesnakes are not really my idea of a tropical vacation or even plain fun for that matter, but it was a good weekend spent with my family and that part I loved.  Kaleigh took 6th and Lauryn took 7th out of 15 riders, and Shane got 6th, and moved up in the points so that is always a good thing.  Overall the weekend was full of memories.
Lauryn kicking up some dirt
Kaleigh kicking up some dirt
 
Shane on the starting line he is #3, see that green front fender that would be my man :)


So there you have it my husband did wonderful single parenting although he assured me he prefers to keep me around to help out which is of course exactly what I wanted to hear. J I hope everyone else had a great week and weekend too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...