1 loaf French bread
¼ cup milk
1 tsp pepper
1 lb ground sausage (I use Italian elk sausage)
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Cut French bread in half-length wise and gently pull out the inside leaving just the shell. Tear up the guts into small pieces about an inch and put them in a bowl.
2. Mix in a separate bowl the eggs, milk and pepper and pour over the bread pieces mixing thoroughly.
3. Brown sausage, drain fat, and add to bread mixture.
4. Spoon the sausage mixture into the shells and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
5. Then wrap each half in tin foil and put in the oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes