Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Random Getting To Know Me

I sorta borrowed this from the blog, The Happiest Mom, she inspires me some days.  

5 (I mean 3) Things I Don’t Do and Don’t Care To Do
1. Crochet/Needlepoint – I love arts and crafts don’t get me wrong I love scrapbooking, making my girls Halloween costumes and just being creative but honestly I barely have the patience to sew on a button so crocheting and needlepoint are defiantly not up there on my list of things to do.  This doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate and admire the work of others because I do in fact when people post things they have sewed, crocheting or otherwise I not only admire the work but also the person because they have more patience than I.
2. Ice Climbing – I hate being cold I mean really HATE, this isn’t a dislike it is hate. So when my husband goes ice climbing and people say don’t you want to join him the answer is a permanent NO.  I love Shane I pray he is safe while climbing but ice climbing is not in my blood, veins, head or anything else.  This is one activity his buddies can guarantee I will not be tagging along to partake in.
3. Swim with Sharks – nope not I, I have no desire, need, want or any other feeling that might be positive about this.  Cage or no cage I can honestly say I have not even once thought this would be cool.  I have heard it is a great experience, one that is awe inspiring.  However my getting in the water and thoroughly enjoying it stops at the pool where I can see the bottom, and yes I can swim really well in fact.  I am not sure if I had some terrifying experience when I was younger or what but the thought that there might be something swimming near, around, or under me terrifies me to the point I have a panic attack and am completely unreasonable.  I like to see the bottom of wherever I am swimming so there will be no going into deep water in a cage and hanging out with something that has more teeth than me where the bottom is nowhere  in sight. YIKES
Wow I really can’t name 5 things I know there are more things but I am having a mental block which is funny because when I started this blog I was sure I was going to have to pick a top 5.
5 (I mean 6) Things I Don’t Do/Haven’t Done and Would Love To (Maybe these should go on my Bucket List, Maybe Not)
1. Zumba – Ok so originally I didn’t get into this because I thought it was all a fade, now I am learning a little bit more about it and it looks like so much fun. I love dancing not that I am any good at it in fact on a regular basis dancing around the living room my husband will roll his eyes and I am sure Thank God that no one can see me.  That is ok I don’t mind embarrassing myself every once in a while as long as nobody is taking pictures I am up for trying this hopefully sooner rather than later.  I also love that they have Zumba-tomic that is for kids, I think any recreation that teaches kids about fitness or is helping them get fit while being fun is always noteworthy.
2. Jumping out of a plane – Skydiving, parachuting whatever you call it I want to do it at least once just to say I did. I am pretty sure I will scream, maybe even cry from sheer terror but it is on my bucket list and I hope to try it at least once before the man upstairs decides it is my time to go.  I know I can take hubby along on this adventure with me and have been thinking about making it an anniversary gift.  Don’t share with him this idea I don’t want him stealing my ideas. J
3. Drive a stick shift – it is true this ranch girl doesn’t know how to drive a stick shift.  I did have a friend in high school try to teach me and I think honestly it was as painful for her as it was for me or maybe it was more humorous for her than it was for me. Any way I haven’t tried it since, and I want to learn, not that I need to most times now if you want a manual transmission you have to special order a vehicle with it.  But they do still make them and I don’t know how so learn I will. I promise when I fulfill this one I will post not only pictures but a narrative because I am sure this will be something I should sell tickets to.
4. Learn another language – So I have been thinking about this as there are so many languages.  I did fail French my sophomore year of high school and by fail I mean I quit it was by far one of the worse classes I had ever taken and maybe I wasn’t up for the challenge or maybe it was the instructor telling me to think outside of the box but I dreaded that class and quit. There done gone, unfortunately still remembered it was that bad.  So to this other language thought, the girls and I have been watching a show called Switched at Birth, in it two girls were accidentally switched at birth and one of them is deaf.  The language I would like to learn is sign language the art of speaking without your lips.  This language requires true listening as you have to be actually paying attention to the other person to communicate.  I will learn this language and it will be fun plus useful unlike French.
5. Riding a Dirt Bike - ok I will confess I have tried this once it wasn’t a terrible experience but I didn’t love it so much I went out and bought a new bike either. I want to tell the world that the reason I don’t ride is plain good old fashioned fear.  I am terrified of getting injured, I am not a big baby by any means but I will admit I am definitely a better caretaker than I am a patient.  Maybe one day I will overcome this fear that my life is going to end if I get hurt on a dirt bike but if I don’t I don’t feel as if I will regret it.  Until then I will encourage my girls to ride and maybe have the slightest tinge of jealousy at all my girlfriends who ride.  However my 4 wheeler will do just fine for this momma until I decide this fear is worth conquering.
6. Tattoo Time – oh how I want a tattoo, and yes I already have an idea of what I want  I have been planning this for almost 9 years now. I want the girls feet from when they were born , 6 weeks premature cute little feet. I just can’t decide where I want them as I am realistic about the fact that I am not getting younger but older and this body won’t always look this way I don’t want saggy baggy feet on me later in life J  But I also want their date of birth on there and their names I have it all planned out in my head but even though their feet are little where in the world to put them is a whole other question, my back, nope I can’t see them very well there, the tops of my feet (I think this would look so cute and remind me of all the times we walked around the house with them standing on my feet) but oh the pain, and on my arms is well not me I work in an office setting and do where sleeveless shirts to work and think this would be very unprofessional. I just can’t decide anyone have any ideas?

Funny how some of these things are really on here because I am afraid.  I am not sure what there is to be afraid of because really I haven’t tried them so I don’t know what may or may not happen if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...