Tuesday, September 18, 2012

12 & 3

Oh what does it mean?

To everyone reading this those two numbers will have a different meaning but to me, today it means 12 years with my hubby with 3 of those years being married. Oh yes it is our 3rd anniversary and the thought of him still gives me butterflies.  Ok just so you don't all think I am crazy, yes there are days he drives me completely batty where all I want to do is lock him out in the garage and throw away the key, but without those days the other days would be boring!

So 12 years ago, (ok so to be honest we are a little shy on the 12 years that date will actually come in November but it is my story and I will stretch the details if I want.) I stopped by the Suds Hut with a friend as her hubby was redoing the flooring and what do my eyes find but a hunk of a man helping friends hubby. He was cute and quick witted and had a smile that said trouble. I was smitten, we hung out a couple of times and flirted and then we had our first date. Now here comes the funny part we went to see a movie with a couple of friends I rode with my girlfriend as hunky man was working. Well he showed up late by almost half an hour, thank goodness for previews, then after the movie I went with him for dinner. You might never guess it but my romantic first date dinner was Wendy's. Yep even after this I was still smitten. He was hard working and wasn't trying to be something he wasn't around me, just what I needed. We moved pretty fast, and started living together after about a year of dating, then two years into our relationship we found out we were prego, then the fateful day of ultrasound when we found out it was twins. Thus began our unconventional road to forever. 9 years into dating and with two 7 year olds he surprised me in the most romantic way and proposed. Dinner at O'Malleys, a stop at the York bar for a shot, and to the top of Hedges for a beautiful view of the city at night he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I still remember asking him if he was serious, him putting that ring on my finger and the giddy feeling I still get just thinking about it. We have had ups and downs, twists and turns, good days and bad days, but all of them have been while communicating in some fashion or another with each other. There is not even one thing I would change about the last 12 years, every argument, every cuddle all of it has brought us to this place in our relationship. The place where I fall in love with him more every day, where little things remind me that he really is my best friend.

Shane you push me out of my comfort zone, keep me young, make my heart skip a beat when you wrap your arms around me, comfort me with no words, and your smile can melt me from across a room. 3 years ago I was at home getting ready to say yes to you and following our unconventional fashion to the courthouse we went, 15 minutes later a few signatures and lots of hugs from our families. We were husband and wife, I am always proud to say you are my husband, as there is no man who will ever make me feel so protected and loved as you. You are my best friend and I can't wait to see what the next 12 years has in store for us. I love you Happy Anniversary!!

So I found this blog hop that is goes along with my favorite Thursday link up, Thankfulness Thursdays. This one is LML Monday, which stands for Love My Life.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a Special Couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! And thanks for sharing such a great story! Hearing about other people's happiness always makes me happy... which explains the LML Monday blog hop, I suppose. :)

    Oh, and the linky is still open, so if you want to you can still add your link. (I know it's "LML Monday" but I always leave it open all week, just in case anyone is late posting.)

    Thanks again for joining in. And have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another GREAT post Brook. Am proud to say that when you joined the family, we found a real GEM! Wishing you and Shane many, many more years (and fond memories.)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Green

 Linking up to Five Minute Friday , this week's prompt is Green So many meanings one tiny five letter word, perfect for Five Minute Frid...