Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pictures



Week 8 of Thankfulness Thursdays has arrived. And yep I still love this! I hope some more fellow bloggers will join this, as it is fantastic!

So what am I thankful for this week, well I already mentioned that I LML as Tuesday was my 3rd Wedding Anniversary! Oh it was fabulous too, hubby and I went to the movie Lawless and ate junk food for dinner nachos, hot dog, pop and popcorn!! And he got me gorgeous flowers! Yep 12 years together and I am still sure he is a keeper!


However today is Thursday and I am thankful for family pictures! Oh yes I said that, which is saying a lot because I really don't like my picture taken. However every year in August/September I look forward to having family pictures taken. This year my little sister found the photographer and did the scheduling it was a hectic day but we got family pictures taken with the usual complaining from my hubby who really does not love family picture day. I will share a secret though as soon as I tell him that we got them back he loves looking through all the images and helping me pick our Christmas card photo, the photo we will hang in the house, and he loves seeing pictures of our girls and comparing them to last years picture. Because as a parent you know that you blink and they are grown up.

I swear last year they were toddlers!

So I am thankful for family pictures because for every scowling face, wrinkled brow, closed eye there is a memory. A memory of another year slipping by too quickly, another milestone reached by our amazing girls, and another grey hair hubby and I found. Life flies by so quickly that I look forward to hubby complaining next year that family pictures take too long, that the sun is making him scowl and that he is hot. Because well he is hot, and all the complaining does is remind me that in a couple of weeks he will be sitting next to me flipping through pictures making another memory.

Oh yes he is sticking his tongue out, this is one of the many reasons I love him he makes me smile!

Share in the comments what you are Thankful for I would love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Brook for sharing this. Love the picture at the end of you and Shane.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts?

Green

 Linking up to Five Minute Friday , this week's prompt is Green So many meanings one tiny five letter word, perfect for Five Minute Frid...