Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Week 1: Who I am

Blogging with a Purpose Week 1... Who I am


I am a Daughter…
With the best parents a girl could ask for, a mom who is lively, strong willed, stubborn, wild, fun, honest and is my best friend and a dad who is stubborn, strong willed, proud, hard working, and supportive.  My parents have been there through the best and the worst and have encouraged me the whole way.

I am a Sister and an Aunt…


I am the oldest sister with one younger sister.  I don’t remember fighting all that much but there were definitely times, we are two different people with the same goal in life I believe to grow up and be like our parents.  To make it in this world with those we love around us, no need to be rich, but comfortable would be nice some days, and to have a love to last the ages.  I am an Aunt to one all American boy and one sweet princess of a niece.  They are amazing I love them both so very much and love spending time with them.

I am a Granddaughter, Niece, Cousin…
I have an amazing family they don’t always get along and they often have little fights among them because well if you hadn’t already figured it out we are all a little stubborn with our own ways set in stone.  We make up the rules for getting along as we go and thankfully have only a few cracks in the path and I am guessing there might also be a few skeletons in the closet.  Oh well doesn’t every family have those, we can still get together for a good party and celebrate.

I am a Friend…
I have a group of seven girlfriends who have been with me since Elementary school and one friend I picked up in Middle school.  I love all of them and they each bring something different to our friendship, the seven of us are quite the group when you get us all together which hasn’t happened in years, we always seem to be missing one or two, but we still try and monthly have a girls night where we can get together and chat, bounce ideas off each other and just in general be us with no kids and no hubbies, there are no rules.  My eighth girlfriend is my opposite but that is why we get along so well our lives growing up were completely different and our lives to this point have been different and even though we don’t talk as much as we used to we can get together and we caught up in seconds and talk for hours.

I am a Mom…
Two the most amazing twin girls anybody could ask for. I know I might be biased but really my kids have been blessing and surprising me since the day they arrived 6 weeks early.  They keep me on my toes, remind me not to take life to seriously, keep me young, terrify me with adrenaline junkie style and can put a smile on my face in a matter of seconds.  I am so blessed to have them call me mom.

I am a Wife…
To a terrific husband, after dating for 9 years, marriage was not something we rushed into but it seems to be working for us.  All of the ups and downs go with the road and no matter what I can say I am proud to have him by my side for each bump, u-turn, and fork.  He is the glue some days when I think everything is falling apart reminding me that life goes on, and we get to choose how we react to a situation.  Love him, big time.

I am a Woman…
All of the above have shaped me into the person I am today but I am definitely at the end of the day still a woman, I worry about my figure, want more for my family, stress about little things, spend money when I shouldn’t, work towards perfection and laugh at imperfections, enjoy the quiet of the country, reading a good book and just being me.

So who are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...