Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thankfulness Thursday

 

I just came across this link up from another blogger Grapefruit Princess Reloaded, she visited my blog from another link up I participated in and when I went to visit her page this was her today post. It made me smile, almost made me cry and in general the thought really touched me.

Today I am thankful for two healthy girls, although they are 9, I still remember the day they were born and all the fear and love that flooded my heart.

I am also thankful for an amazing husband we have had bumps in the roads and even some long uphill climbs but we keep walking on the path before us and I couldn't imagine a better partner on this journey.

I may be having a day today, a girl I know is having pregnancy complications and my hubby is going away for a few days to bond with the boys on a backpacking expedition. He won't be gone long and really it is not the end of the world distance makes the heart grow fonder, but he is my best friend and I will miss him like crazy. The girl having pregnancy complications makes me remember my flight to Great Falls and all the wonderful nurses that took care of me, hubby and our girls. NICU nurses are amazing people! I still remember the one nurse that told me to stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Yeah it seemed harsh at the time but extra worry and stress was not giong to fix anything and she knew it, she needed me positive and helpful not dragging the ship down. I am praying for this girl and her baby and their family as it is hard when God has other plans than those that we set out in front of ourselves, and it is really hard when we lose control of a situation and have to rely on others.

So today I am grateful for the blessings that God has given me and all the bumps in the road that He sets before me. As He never gives me anything I can't handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...