Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 9: My goals for motherhood

Goals for motherhood? I am supposed to have goals? Ha!!
 
Just kidding I am not sure if I am the normal or not but I never set goals for myself for motherhood, that might be because I was young when I had my girls I didn’t plan on having kids right after I turned 21, I always thought I would be married when I had kids and I guess like most women I always thought I would have one at a time. God had other plans for all that there was a different path to follow I broke the rules a little. I had twins and was not married, but it is my path and not everyone else’s path.
 
My goal from the beginning was to survive, motherhood is not for the weak at heart. This is a tough job and it seems to be getting harder as they are getting older. When they are babies you still have some control over the situation but then you raise them to be independent to think for themselves to have thoughts and opinions and well all sense of control goes flying out the window.
 
My second goal is to raise daughters that have good self esteem. I want them to be happy with who they are, to enjoy their friends and to make sure they are always following their hearts.
 
I guess my goals for motherhood might be just instincts, there is no manual and I want to make sure that when I leave this earth I leave behind two girls who know that I loved them with all my heart and would move mountains for them.
 
They are already so independent, so caring, and so open minded. They are unique in their own ways and I can’t wait to see the things they will accomplish.  My goals for motherhood have already been met I have raised some really amazing girls!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...