Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 3 (December 22nd) oops I mean Day 10 (December 15th)

DAY 10: (DECEMBER 15)-- Pay for the person's order in line behind you in either the coffee drive-thru, fast food, a tollbooth, train ticket, etc. (There are a LOT of options here...)

Okay so there was a little snafu yesterday and I was never in a line to do Day 10 (December 15th), I thought about going to McDonalds being in line just to pay for the order behind me but that never panned out very well and there was stuff I had to get done like my children fed and drive to East Helena to watch my nephews First Christmas Program (all well worth not doing Day 10, trust me)
Well last night was also my monthly girls' night yes sadly this only happens once a month and sometimes we are bad and it doesn't even happen then but I was bound and determined that I was going to get some sanity this month before Holiday Happiness hit :) So Day 10 was randomly swapped with Day 3

DAY 3: (DECEMBER 22)-- Leave a generous tip for a server, barista, or bartender--along with a nice note. This will most likely make their night. Having been in all three of these positions, I know how easy it is to get discouraged when guests are difficult and do not tip. This could turn their entire day around!

I cannot say I accomplished all of this to a tee but I did leave a generous tip just forgot the note part. I think the almost 1/2 hour of conversation that me and my girlfriend provided listening to the waiter's story was maybe better than the note I could have left. I learned a lot about that waiter and he really learned nothing of us besides we were married and had kids because we kept mentioning that fact as he was chatting with us :)
He was nice, young and had made mistakes in life and I truly believe and hope he was sincere that he was trying to turn his life around. Hopefully my tip meant something to him and it is put to use but if not I had a great evening with a wonderful friend and listened to a gentleman that I believe just needed someone to talk to.

Switching days can't be that bad when the outcome was so wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...