Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas

Well how about both. Oh yes people my birthday is today and I am definately one lucky, blessed lady!  I get the question all the time do I enjoy my birthday being on Christmas? Oh yes I will admit I actually do enjoy this my parents always made sure I celebrated my birthday when I was younger on a different day most of the time Christmas Eve but it was always made special and I always remember it as my special day.  Now that I am older I still don't mind sharing my birthday with the biggest holiday on the calendar.

Christmas Eve night we spend at Shane's mom's house, it is always fun and we always have a good time. Dinner is usually a little late there is usually still present wrapping occuring but all of that adds to the memories we make while we are all together.  Dinner was delicious and dessert was Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cake. I am not sure I loved it not sure I didn't what I loved was the fact that Shane's mom and brother spent time making it and were thinking of me. I always appreciate it when I am thought about with love. I love them too.

I was woke up this morning by two little girls yes it was 7:30 am but I loved it they brought me in birthday presents and wished me Happy Birthday and gave me hugs and kisses it was terrific. I got a new Sony camera and it is bright blue and I LOVE IT!! I also got flowers, from Hallmark of course because they last forever and are always beautiful. LOVE THEM!!

Then it was the Christmas mania, paper was flying toys, clothes, stocking stuffers, Santa is still magical in our house and I love that I love that they still believe. Believing it like dreaming I think so magical and there should always be a little magic in your life something bigger to believe in.  I love it, the girls loved their Air Hogs Helicopters and all the clothes they got, it was fabulous. Shane got new floor mats for his truck they are Weather Tech digital fit and are SA WEET!!  I got new Smith sunglasses and a bluetooth so I am hands free driving and keeping me and our girls safe.

Then it was off to my parents house for a little more magic and breakfast, YUMMY cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, and scrambled eggs. Double YUMMY!!

Then off to my Aunts house to see the whole family and have dinner another YUMMY. Okay so the theme of my Christmas is food. I love to eat, I don't make excuses for it I make time for the gym.

Tonight we are at Papa and Nana's house, Shane'e dad and Robin, always love being over here we don't eat dinner but this year Wes made a funfetti cake that was Christmas themed with Christmas tree sprinkles on it how fun.  It was moist and delicious.  And now everyone is in the living room playing Buck Hunter Pro and just the sounds of laughter and all of it is so wonderful. What a fabulous weekend to the start of the end of a fabulous year. There have been ups and downs but it has all been a journey and we wouldn't be where we are right now if it was for the bumpy road behind us.

Merry Christmas to all of you and I wish you many blessings in this New Year coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...