Monday, April 15, 2013

Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies

So is your mouth watering yet because it should be. These cookies are so delicious I was a little skeptical about them as they are green and use sugar cookie mix I don't love sugar cookies. However they are a new favorite in our house in fact hubby, his brother, and a friend tried them and I got rave reviews.  So here is the recipe it is from gonnawantseconds.com.  

Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies

1-17.5 ounce package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
1-3.4 ounce box pistachio instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
2 eggs
1 cup roasted salted pistachio nuts roughly chopped (I used unsalted)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven 350 degrees
In large bowl stir cookie mix, pudding, and flour. Add melted butter and eggs and stir until incorporated. At this point my dough was very crumbly.
Add pistachios and chocolate chips mix well.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheet. I had to roll mine into balls as my dough was crumbly but they turned out great.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Don't over bake if you bake them too long you will lose the soft texture and they won't be as green. They will not look done but take them out and let them sit on the pan for about 2 minutes.
Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Makes about 2 dozen.

Hope your family enjoys these as much as mine does. Yummy


Brook
Sent from my AT&T HTC One™ X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts?

FMF: BLAME

 Hello, blog world I haven't been on here in forever, but today's prompt reminded me that I used to love this space. So here goes no...